There are lots of agencies and organisations that can help you support your child through mental ill-health in various ways, from information and advice to training and helplines. These are just a few: 
Young Minds 
Young Minds offer advice and information, parent helpline, young people’s helpline, campaign for better mental health services. 
SHOUT - Text 85258 
Confidential helpline for young people needing emotional support by text.  
Link below gives further information.  
Beat offer advice and support for those with eating disorders and their carers. Information about eating disorders, courses for parents, helplines for young people and parents/ carers, support calls, and more. Campaign for better mental health services and advocate for those with eating disorders. 
Inclusive and non-judgmental advice and information for young people around their mental health and other issues.  
Helpline number 0300 5000 927 open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm 
West Sussex Mind 
West Sussex Mind offer support for adults and young people 16-25 with mental ill health. Offer a range of training for parents / carers of young people of any age with mental ill health and neurodivergence, free of charge or low cost for West Sussex residents. 
Aspens offers a wide range of advice and services for those with learning disabilities, complex needs, spectrum conditions and ADHD. Advice, support services, groups and outings.  
Childline offers support for children and young people through text, online and telephone. A range of support and information also available on their web page. Children and young people can phone, text or email any time for any reason, including mental health crisis. 
Youth Emotional Service 
Youth Emotional Service offers free support for children 11-18 one-to-one or in group work. Face to face and online counselling. Signposting to other services. Can be referred by CAMHS, GP, School nurse or can self-refer by phone or email. 
YMCA offers a range of services locally for young people, including counselling and support groups and help with housing and independent living. Also support for parents. 
West Sussex Parent Carer Forum 
West Sussex Parent Carer Forum offers information, support and training for parents whose children have learning disabilities, or SEND. A range of services available to support parents and families. 
West Sussex Local Offer 
West Sussex Local Offer details the services available for children and young people in West Sussex, including education, extra-curricular activities, support and therapy. 
BACP, British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, provides details of registered therapists who can work with children and young people and their particular needs. 
UKCP, UK Council for Psychotherapy, provides details of registered therapists who can work with children and young people and their particular needs. 
SEND IAS provides information and support in getting the right educational support for children and young people. Advice and support on what’s available, legal duties, EHCPs etc. 
Crawley LGBTQ+ recently held the first ever Crawley Pride and we were thrilled to be there! You can find more information about their helpline, support and advice services HERE  
Contact us for signposting services, advice and information about our support groups for parents and young people 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings